New M2 20ga Slug Gun issues

shedhunter

Hey Everyone, I am a dissappointed owner of a new M2 20 ga. Slugster. It was a special order so I didn't have a chance to look at a new model before ordering-Didn't notice the plastic plugs in the receiver (1300.00 and plastic plug-not happy). Go to mount my scope yesterday and those plugs don't want to come out from the top. Decide to remove bolt and punch out from bottom. Go to remove bolt - follow manuals direction, thing doesn't bulge...will not move. Anyone had this problem? Any suggestions? Don't want to damage the new gun and apply to much force.

Thanks, Shedhunter

Nikolai,

Please don't misunderstand my concern for anger. I just think it would be more logical to follow the lead of other gunmakers use the metal, threaded plugs- which could be easily removed or replaced at later time. There is something to said about conveience to the shooter. Thanks for your comment but still think the plastic plugs are the cheaper way out......my concern is I may have to take my gun a gunsmith just to get those plugs out....that would be a first. I feel like I have enopugh money sunk in this gun.

Thanks,

Shedhunter

Nikolai,

Please don't misunderstand my concern for anger. I just think it would be more logical to follow the lead of other gunmakers use the metal, threaded plugs- which could be easily removed or replaced at later time. There is something to said about conveience to the shooter. Thanks for your comment but still think the plastic plugs are the cheaper way out......my concern is I may have to take my gun a gunsmith just to get those plugs out....that would be a first. I feel like I have enopugh money sunk in this gun.

Thanks,

Shedhunter

I strongly disagree with your comments and your logic.

The plugs tap out, no problem. I do cut the film around the plug with an Xacto knife if the gun is camo so the film does not lift with the plug.

What will happen to a metal threaded plug when it stays in contact with a metal threaded opening and gets wet :confused:

I doubt rifles, where I do see the metal screws, are as prone to getting wet as an M2 receiver, slug barrel or standard barrel.

I think plastic plugs, tapped into place firmly, that stay put and seal the hole until the shooter decides it's time to remove them, are fine with me.

And since I have happily purchased several Benellis with these plastic plugs, the proof is in the pudding :) Tapioca if you please.....