What is the inside Diameter of the SuperNova barrel?

tyson129

Thanks you guys for all of the feedback, sorry if I have been unclear in any way. This question was posted because I wanted to shoot the Gold Magnums by Brenneke out of my SuperNova with a Carlson's rifled choke. Now before any of you show me the Brenneke chart that says it can not or should not be done, I contacted them directly to understand why I couldn't shoot them if they had identical ballistics and similar characteristics of the Black Magics with the exception that Gold Magnums are a Sabot slug. The response I got from Brenneke reads:

Dear Mr. Tyson,

I'm sorry that I couldn't respond immediately on your last questions because I left my office before I got your mail. Germany is 6 hours or more ahead of your time.

On your questions:

1. You can shoot the Gold Magnum out of your SuperNova with Rifled choke if there is no diminishing of the barrel diameter at the muzzle. I don't know what a Carlson's choke means in detail. The rifling itself will be no problem for the Gold Magnum.

2. The Gold Magnum performs the same as the Black Magic 12ga 3" because of the identical ballistics.

In our program there is no other load which can be compared directly with the Gold Magnum or Black Magic Magnum.

I hope you had a very successful hunt on Black Bear with Brenneke slugs. It's the best choice you could get on the market. The stopping and killing power is tremendous. If you can give me a short report how they performed in the field I would appreciate very much.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Dr. Peter Mank

B R E N N E K E G M B H

P.O. Box 16 46 - 30837 Langenhagen - Germany

Tel.: +49-511-97262-0 - Fax: +49-511-97262-62

www.brenneke.com

After receiving this email I contacted Carlson's Chokes to see if their rifled choke for my SuperNova had a diminishing diameter at the muzzle. This is Mr. Carlson's response:

Shane Carlson

This choke does NOT have a diminishing bore diameter. It is a straight .010 constriction with a 1-35 twist. From your statement I would imagine that this choke should be just fine for this load in question. We appreciate you using our products. If you need anything else please let us know.

Thanks

Carlson's Choke Tubes

So I am going to take Shane Carlson's advice on this one and use the Gold Magnums. I appreciate all of your measurements and debating, and I'm sorry for being so confusing, my bad. Thanks Again and if any of you care to debate whether or not I should use the Gold Magnums out of my SuperNova with the Carlson's rifled choke than I would greatly appreciate all of the responses and possible deterrents before I fire them off.