Which sling and sights sytle do you use for SBE II Steady Grip turkey gun

Bill Kemp

Hello:

I just purchased a SBE II with the steady grip up in the Orillia area of Ontario. Bass Pro had it for $2195.00 Canadian, and all other stores could get it for me for around the same price. The best I could do was to get Bass Pro to give me a 10% discount.

Anyway, a girl at work advised me of a store in the Orillia area called Elwood EPPS named after a famous Canadian Shooter.

All said and done I called up there and they had 3 of the Benelli's with the 24" barrel, Advantage Timber camo, with the steady grip. They wanted $1495.00 Canadian.

What a great deal for the gun. I got one right away.

The only question I have is what is everyone using for slings for the steady grip stock and what is everyone using for sights for the gun?

Your opinions help to inform a novice in the Benelli world.

:confused: :eek:

I use the ''Claw'' sling. The best that I've found for staying put on your shoulder. This is important when carrying decoys, tent, etc. Once it is there, it does not slide off. As far as sights go, probably going to depend on what you are hunting. I have an Aimpoint red dot on my SBE turkey gun. Works great. Most that put open sights on, opt for some sort of fiber optic. Models that screw down are better than the magnetic style. Found out from experience that they move from the recoil, or fall off. Good luck with the new gun. Let us know what you decide on.