New here...and have M2 questions.

Smythley

After hunting with nothing but an 870 for the past 15 years, I have decided to buy an automatic. That being said, I am sure , I think, that I want a Benelli. What do I want?? Here's where I need help. I shot a friends ComfortTechM2 and an older M1 Super 90. Both were black synthetic and very similar. What's the difference, other than the Comforttech stock? Also, what exactly is the M2 American? Is the only difference between it and the M2 the Comfortech stock?

Do all these guns use the same choke? I tried a Older Beretta choke in the Super90 and it fit. Would it fit a M2? Is the m2 worth the extra money over the M2 American?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

After hunting with nothing but an 870 for the past 15 years, I have decided to buy an automatic. That being said, I am sure , I think, that I want a Benelli. What do I want?? Here's where I need help. I shot a friends ComfortTechM2 and an older M1 Super 90. Both were black synthetic and very similar. What's the difference, other than the Comforttech stock? Also, what exactly is the M2 American? Is the only difference between it and the M2 the Comfortech stock?

Do all these guns use the same choke? I tried a Older Beretta choke in the Super90 and it fit. Would it fit a M2? Is the m2 worth the extra money over the M2 American?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

What gun you should get depends heavily on what you want to use it for. Since you mention hunting the real question is do you use/plan to use 3.5" shells? If you do then you should upgrade to an SBEII, if not then the M2 will do you just fine.

I like the comfortech system, I don't know that it lives up to the marketing hype but I do think it cuts down on recoil a bit. If recoil doesn't particularly bother you or you are planning on shooting lighter shells you should seriously consider the american as I think the only difference is the comfortech system.

As for chokes the M2 takes the Crio plus series, so I don't think it is compatible with Beretta chokes, at least not the older variety with the threads at the top of the tube.