M4 Rail System

SKYKING44

I want to put an Aimpoint H1 with LaRue LT661 short mount on my new M4.

After searching the forum I have concluded the following:

1. The rail on the M4 is not 1913 spec.

2. There is no direct replacement for the factory M4 rail with a spec 1913 rail available.

3. Using the factory rail, may/could damage the LaRue mount.

4. Kip is the only person/company that MIGHT have a direct rail replacement in the future.

Please confirm my findings or advise me where I am wrong.

I respect the member's input and comments on rail systems or my choice of the H1/LaRue combo.

Thanks.

I want to put an Aimpoint H1 with LaRue LT661 short mount on my new M4.

After searching the forum I have concluded the following:

1. The rail on the M4 is not 1913 spec.

2. There is no direct replacement for the factory M4 rail with a spec 1913 rail available.

3. Using the factory rail, may/could damage the LaRue mount.

4. Kip is the only person/company that MIGHT have a direct rail replacement in the future.

Please confirm my findings or advise me where I am wrong.

I respect the member's input and comments on rail systems or my choice of the H1/LaRue combo.

Thanks.

Hi SKYKING,

I believe all your statements above are correct. Sidearmor rail would allow you to use the H1/LaRue combo. If I recall correctly Unobtanium saw only minor distortion to the sides of his Benelli OEM rail using the T1/American Defense mount combo (UNO correct me if I'm off on that last statement)

Later,

Hookster :)

Bobro mounts work perfectly, but I don't think they have released the H1 mount yet. You may want to check.

incredible, there is this ONE website designing company that must be earning millions!

just check out gearsector, american defense, daniel defense and surely a lot more.

you get the impression all those companies belong together, forming the industrial military complex :eek:

though the design really is great.