What can I do about my M3 stock?

NIKLASAL

Hello all! Really really hoping someone could point me in the right direction... Bought an M3 w/pistol grip stock a while back but never really shot it because the stock is just too long. I thought I'd get used to it, but it's too long and plain awkward to shoot. A while back I took off the 1" rubber pad and it fit perfectly, but was PAINFUL to shoot slugs. Any ideas on an adjustment/replacement? :confused:

Hello all! Really really hoping someone could point me in the right direction... Bought an M3 w/pistol grip stock a while back but never really shot it because the stock is just too long. I thought I'd get used to it, but it's too long and plain awkward to shoot. A while back I took off the 1" rubber pad and it fit perfectly, but was PAINFUL to shoot slugs. Any ideas on an adjustment/replacement? :confused:

Hi Niklasal and welcome to the forum,

The Benelli OEM stocks interchange between the M1 and M3. Mesa Tactical will soon be coming out with their Urbino stock which has a shorter length of pull than the OEM Benelli stock. They will be releasing one version of the Urbino to fit the M1. Although I have not seen them list it as fitting the M3, I suspect that it will, I'd e-mail Mitch at Mesa and ask him. If it will fit, your solution will be close at hand.

Hope that helps.

Later,

Hookster :)

Edited by Hookster

Even plastic? i don't think that would work. The 1" rubber buttplate is a certain height, and if you trim an inch off the plastic, the rubber buttplate will now be bigger than the now smaller end.

I've seen it done with a different recoil pad installed. The LOP is my only real gripe with my own M3.