M3 Barrel conversion

davidpgh1

1014 fit? No

I would think the M1 Super 90 barrel would fit, but I don't know that for sure. If it does, you're looking at $250 minimum for a used barrel and $450 for a new barrel, if you can find either. Occasionally you will come across them on GunBroker and here on this site. Same with stocks. The standard M1 stock probably fits. You're looking at a minimum $100 there.

Worth the conversion? Only you can determine that. Personally, the M3 operating system wouldn't be my choice for clays. It's more of a specialty gun in my view. But that's just me.

Me, I would probably sell it or trade it for a comparable gun, depending on whether you want semi or pump. You can find a number of M1 field guns on GB if you want a semi-auto. If you want to go with the pump, Remington 870 is hard to beat and a lot cheaper. There's a jillion of them out there. Sell the M3, buy an 870 and use the rest of the money for ammo.