m4 side saddles: 3gungear or sidearmor

yallknowho

Sidearmor owners? is the side rail that the 6/8 shell holder attaches to on the side of the main short rail 1913 compatible?

No... It is specific to his equipment. That said, the grooves would most likely not line up or fit picatinny items very well if at all. Call Jeff, he's easy to talk to and he will answer all your questions.

Now just a note, and again it is my professional opinion only.

I have spent 20+ years teaching Law Enforcement and If someone showed up on my range with the elastic, super glued, hand stitched, and came with a set of matching dice to hang from your rear view mirror, POS, they would get one day to remove it, or, not qualify on my range. That simple. It is like someone coming to the range to qualify with their duty weapon out of a cheap Uncle Mikes holster. It just would not be happening on my range.

I am sure these things are great for the pretend world of 3 gun matches, and many of the shooters there are fantastic competitors, but, if you can not depend as close to 100% as you possible on your equipment, then something needs to change. The design alone has many tactical, real life scenario issues. I do not like the the simple fact if this thing sits in a rack, in a vehicle, in the sun, how long before it looses it's super kung fu grip... Or better yet, stays attached to the side before the super duper wonder glue gives up the ghost and let's go.

I Know my sidearmor will still be intact. I say again,

I Know!!!

You will get what you pay for. Even the almost perfect Mesa Tactical units have their own flaw. The rubber they use to hold the shells in, deforms the round after a little time in the carrier. After loading in a semi auto, you will most likely have a malfunction. Not so much an issue on pump guns, but we are talking the M4.

I had the Mesa units and have since replaced them with the Sidearmor. If you are whining about the weight it adds, All I can say is eat some Wheaties man... It is a minimal compromise for the great benefit of rock solid security.

Now that this is all said, I do not promote just any accessory that is the new wiz bang on the block. I have ran this thing through the works and let my underlings try to screw it up in the live fire house with the SWAT guy's. They love it, they ***** very little about the weight, but love the security and reliability. So It gets one of my very rare seal of approvals. The SWAT guy's I train are soon to get the same on their weapons.

Thats all I have to say about that...

Now just a note, and again it is my professional opinion only.

I have spent 20+ years teaching Law Enforcement and If someone showed up on my range with the elastic, super glued, hand stitched, and came with a set of matching dice to hang from your rear view mirror, POS, they would get one day to remove it, or, not qualify on my range. That simple. It is like someone coming to the range to qualify with their duty weapon out of a cheap Uncle Mikes holster. It just would not be happening on my range.

I am sure these things are great for the pretend world of 3 gun matches, and many of the shooters there are fantastic competitors, but, if you can not depend as close to 100% as you possible on your equipment, then something needs to change. The design alone has many tactical, real life scenario issues. I do not like the the simple fact if this thing sits in a rack, in a vehicle, in the sun, how long before it looses it's super kung fu grip... Or better yet, stays attached to the side before the super duper wonder glue gives up the ghost and let's go.

I Know my sidearmor will still be intact. I say again,

I Know!!!

You will get what you pay for. Even the almost perfect Mesa Tactical units have their own flaw. The rubber they use to hold the shells in, deforms the round after a little time in the carrier. After loading in a semi auto, you will most likely have a malfunction. Not so much an issue on pump guns, but we are talking the M4.

I had the Mesa units and have since replaced them with the Sidearmor. If you are whining about the weight it adds, All I can say is eat some Wheaties man... It is a minimal compromise for the great benefit of rock solid security.

Now that this is all said, I do not promote just any accessory that is the new wiz bang on the block. I have ran this thing through the works and let my underlings try to screw it up in the live fire house with the SWAT guy's. They love it, they ***** very little about the weight, but love the security and reliability. So It gets one of my very rare seal of approvals. The SWAT guy's I train are soon to get the same on their weapons.

Thats all I have to say about that...

Condensed version: Sidearmor Rules!!!!...:)

No... It is specific to his equipment. That said, the grooves would most likely not line up or fit picatinny items very well if at all. Call Jeff, he's easy to talk to and he will answer all your questions.

why call him you ansewred the question didnt you ? it is not.

why call him you answered the question didn't you ? it is not.

Yes, I answered the question... Sometimes getting the right answer comes better from the guy who designed and built the item you are interested in. I Just thought you may want to talk to him to get the best answers for anything else you may wounder about. Just saying...