Which Benelli m4 model has the 3 position recoil tube ?

heckler&kochp2000

Which Benelli m4 model has the 3 position recoil tube ?

First off, all Benelli M4 shotguns have recoil tubes under the Pistol grip stock,Standard rifle stock and or collapsible stock .

Second only the 3 position recoil tube will fully collapse the Skelton collapsing telescoping stock 70085.

Third, if you own a M1014 Benelli M4 shotgun with the american flag on it ,it should already come with the 70085 stock on it unless you bought it used, the M1014 comes with a 1 position recoil tube meaning it will not collapse the 70085 stock.

Fourth, there are 3 different style recoil tubes , a 1 Position recoil tube, a 2 position recoil tube and a 3 position recoil tube.

If you bought a new Benelli M4 shotgun recently look on the barcode on the bottom of the box if you see a 11707

then more than likely it has a 3 position recoil tube.

***** If anyone has something to add or i missed something please correct US *****:D

The following models come with a 1 position recoil tube:

M1014

The following models come with a 3 position recoil tube:

11717 (Tan)

11724 (14" Entry Gun)

The original 2 position stocks came out on the original military weapons. I'm not sure if the Marines are being issued 3 point models now. One would assume that it was an inline design change, and all current production models are now 3 position.

I assume this to be true, because the 3 position stock technically has no benefit whatsoever to civilian ownership since they aren't meant to have the collapsible stock. Therefore, it must have been a military request.

Surprisingly I received the package today from Numrich Arms. It is in fact a 3 position recoil tube on the complete assembly. I'd wager the stripped unit is as well.

I'm glad I purchased the complete tube though, there are some minor design changes in the plunger. The finish on the plunger appears to be superior.

I haven't reassembled yet since I had to go to work.

Purchase with confidence.

• 9 years later...