Vague

polite questions

did anyone use the m4 on a regular basis

who lugged it - squad leader - designated point

was it short enough for tactical purposes

if you have shot saiga which would be more practical

which is more dependable

common feeling towards m4 for those that did lug it

thank you for your sacrafice - vague - NMCB-1 vietnam era.

polite questions

which is more dependable

im not a vet but i'll be enlisting after the summer into the air force to be a MP and hopefully a working dog handler.. just want to get one more year of helping out the kids at the camp i work at.. those kids and my coworkers mean a lot to me and i want to get some goodbyes in.

and thank you to any vets

kudo's guy. trust me on this - your giving your heart to so much of humanity but don't forget to save a little for yourself - its a tough program to succeed in - but if you make it with a damn good dog you will be of the elite. so good luck. and thank you for being willing to lay your life on the line -- and protect your dog because his life will be in your hands. I worked with a seal that gave up his seal duties in the act of protecting his dog - but it came out all right. the dog lived and after a year of stringing with seabees the seal went back to his team. - what does all this have to do with benelli m4's? not a thing but what you carry inside is more important that what you carrying outside.

polite questions

which is more dependable

I used the m1014 on a regular basis over there (Iraq and Horn of Africa). All members of the fireteam are trained on them. Fireteam leaders carried M4 with m203. My last tour, I was a Humvee vehicle commander and would regularly carry and use it to clear houses. So no, there was no designated member to carry it. That was decided by me (vehicle fireteam leader/Plt Sgt) My only beef was we only had buckshot as slugs were considered "in-humane" to be used on humans.

The collapseable buttstock was more for length adjustment to compensate for thickness of body armor. The length of the 1014 was perfectly fine for room clearing. (you could always short-stock if needed)

Honestly, the Saiga seems to me more of a "spray" weapon although I'm sure it has a useful purpose somewhere (zombies?)

Long story short, the 1014 was reliable, tactical, and accurate. It performed flawlessly in many different environments. Just keep up on the PMCS and you'll have years of trouble free shooting.

I personally own a Benelli Supernova that is now built up and for a pump, it is everything I've wanted in a shotgun.

Hope this helps.

S/F

Josh thank you for being there and taking the time to post a response - my nephew came home with a purple heart and 100 percent VA comp - but airborne didn't see much of benelli. So your answers go a long way towards the actual intentions of what the shotgun was meant to do and how it held up to real life use in dirty hot crappy conditons and from what I have read it holds up in the cold too - as long as its got some slide glide or oil dedicated to extreme conditons. I hope your doing okay adjusting and fitting back into this reality - not so easy for some. However it sounds like your doing just fine.

Vague

• 3 weeks later...