Surefire x200b on an M4?

giantsquid

Originally posted by giantsquid:

Has anybody or would anybody put a Surefire X200B on an M4? How about an Insight M3X?

I have a X200B mounted on my M1 S90:

2a82afr.jpg

It works great, couldnt be happier. This set-up should work the same on an M4. Mine is mounted on the Insight magazine tube rail mount. The B&T mount is nicer, but the Insight munt works just fine. I am also using the new Surefire XT07 tape switch/tail cap assembly which also works great for this application. I prefer to have any weapon mounted light mounted directly in-line (vertically) with the barrel of the firearm (Shotgun, Carbine, Pistol) as it is more practical when clearing corners (left or right). The X200 is a great choice for a weapon mounted light for any shotgun as it is very light weight, it is bright enough (depending on your application), and since it is an LED, it will stand up to the recoil without issues. I believe the X200 is far superior to any other pistol mounted weaponlight design out there, especially the Insight lights. Hope this helps.

ETA: Here is a link for the B&T mag tube rail mounts. I would recommend the single rail mount #BT21458 $74.95 as it will allow you to mount the X200 in-line vertically with your barrel: B&T M4 magazine tube rail mount

Stay safe,

Nick

[ 11-29-2006, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: nickdrak ]

Nickdrak,

I took your advice and just ordered an X200B for my M4 with a B&T single rail mount.

Two questions for you (or anyone else who has the X200B):

1) Do you think the XT07 tail cap assembly is worth the $120? How does it work and does it make that much of a difference?

2) Does the XT07 come with the velcro patch that attaches the tape switch to the shotgun (or do you get that someplace else?

[ 12-03-2006, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Nemesis ]

Originally posted by Nemesis:

Nickdrak,

I took your advice and just ordered an X200B for my M4 with a B&T single rail mount.

Two questions for you (or anyone else who has the X200B):

1) Do you think the XT07 tail cap assembly is worth the $120? How does it work and does it make that much of a difference?

2) Does the XT07 come with the velcro patch that attaches the tape switch to the shotgun (or do you get that someplace else?

Nemesis,

I think the XT07 is ideal for using the X200 on a shotgun or rifle, so for me it was worth the price.

The XT07 does not come with the Velcro. I picked some up from Walgreens and cut it to fit.