Best mag tube extension/ shell holder?

mosley128

I've searched these forums a bit, and after all the helpful input I received, I was wondering what the general consensus (if there was one) was on the best mag tube extension for my newly modified M4, and also what a good shell holder would be. I would prefer a holder that I don't have to drill or modifiy my M4 with, maybe even a cloth one that would stretch over my collapsible stock, if that's feasible. I'm not looking at getting a rail system on my M4, as those seem a bit ridiculous to me (just my humble opinion) so the shell holders I've seen that include those I'm not to fond of.

EDIT: And while I'm not too worried about 922r compliance (must be one of the most inane laws I've ever heard of) I would like to eventually comply, so any advice with my on-the-way C-stock, and the mag extension I'm wanting to buy would be appreciated.

Edited by mosley128

Does it look pretty good on yours, the color seems to be a bit off if the product on the top left is the one you're referring to?

EDIT: Also, as new as I am to M4's, I noticed you actually have to heat the portion of the receiver where the mag tube fits in, correct? Is there a possibility of damaging the gun this way? I would give my left testicle before I scarred by Benelli. Why don't more people simply buy the factory Benelli extension that screws on the end of the existing one? 922r compliance?

Edited by mosley128

Does it look pretty good on yours, the color seems to be a bit off if the product on the top left is the one you're referring to?

EDIT: Also, as new as I am to M4's, I noticed you actually have to heat the portion of the receiver where the mag tube fits in, correct? Is there a possibility of damaging the gun this way? I would give my left testicle before I scarred by Benelli. Why don't more people simply buy the factory Benelli extension that screws on the end of the existing one? 922r compliance?

The color of the carriercomp tube is an exact Cerakote (durable baked on finish) match to the factory finish on the barrel. I'm not sure what FFT does to theirs but I do know that it isn't coated. I'm sure the FFT tube is a great tube so you just have to choose which one you like best.

As for heating the receiver, I didn't do mine that way. I used my heat gun on the low setting and directed the heat on the portion of the mag tube closest to the receiver. As soon as it starts smoking a little (from the loctite heating up), you can start turning. You may have to apply the heat a couple more times to get it to fully release but you do not have to direct the heat to the receiver.

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming this is still, technically, outside 922r, as you have to replace several other parts to fall within it's "legality"? Even if I had a fixed stock shotgun and replaced the mag tube with a U.S. made one, it's my understanding you still have to replace like three other parts? Not that I really give a rat's right hind leg, I'm simply curious.

9cde3713.jpg

tube is a perfect color match.