High patterning super vinci

strutbuster217

I purchased a super vinci 2 weeks ago and am pretty dissapointed in the guns POI. I currently have the 65mm shim in and am shooting it around 90/10. As a waterfowl hunter that isnt acceptable. Having been my old faithfull Remington 870 shoots bead at center. Any help would be a big help. Im not understanding why a person who spends that kind of jack on a shotgun should have to spend this kind of time trying to fix a problem that shouldn,t be a problem to begin with? Thanks Ron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I will give it a try!

Most european guns shot high compared to american shotguns, because the rail on the shotgun is closer to the barrell by the muzzle on european made guns. On american guns the rail is straight.

However this is only an explanation, not a solution. Your problem might be solved by: mounting a higher bead, or bending the barrell, which would require a gunsmith, the last solution works but will cost you.

Hope that I was able to help

Stoffer

Edited by Stoffer

What do you mean dont belong here?

I dont know the price for bending a barrell where you live, I think you will have to ask someone else. I only know about prices in Denmark.

Let us know if you will have your problem solved.

Stoffer

Edited by Stoffer
spelling error

Strutbuster. I smell what you're stepping in.. I have had this problem with certain Benelli's, myself. The first thing that I do, is put the thickest shim in. If that doesn't go far enough, then I put a taller bead on the front. A Nova bead is taller and will help some. I also have used a Champion Easy Shot, that Tom Knapp brags about. The Easy Shot is a nice sight, and comes in two colors and sizes. I used this on my Vinci, which, by the way, shot about 70/30 over my POI. If the gun is really shooting high, (I had a SBE ll that shot 16'' high of POA at 20 yards), I would call Benelli's CS and see if they will do something about it. They fixed mine, but I doubt that they would do your's because of it falling into their realm of acceptability. They make them to shoot above POA, and that drives me nuts. If I was king, they would all shoot to POA and if you wanted a higher POI, then shim them up to obtain it. Other than bending the barrel, as already suggested, that is my story on Benellis that shoot high. I hate it worse than you do.. Hope this helped..Good luck...Mike