New Benelli owner-choke question

Hmrhead

For Christmas my wife surprised me with a left hand Montefeltro.:D Took it out for a round of 50 sporting clays and shot better than I ever have. 36/50 best prior was 56/100 always using borrowed guns. Love my new shotgun.

Question I have is: Does anybody find that extended choke tubes provide better patterning over the stock tubes?

Going to have a fitting session with the owner of a couple of local shooting ranges/sporting clay courses to see if I should change the cast and drop shims for a better fit, but already feel like the gun and I are a pretty good match. Just need more practice.

If you are having someone fit the gun for you, I would start there. Have will improve your score by a bunch.

Extended choke may or may not help patterning. I have extended chokes because there easier to take out and change. Either way, new chokes will not help you at this time. When you start breaking 49 of 50, then change your chokes.