Shims for the M2

BennyBigBeard

I recentally bought a M2 Field 20 guage and it comes with shims. My question is: Will the shims affect your aim?? My gun shoots high, really high, and the dealer told me to change the shims, is this right step? I just can't see how changing the angle of the stock will affect your aim. Please help,

Greg Bennett

Quaker Boy Pro Staff

Disapointed!!!! Sorry to respond to my own post, but after 63 visits, I get one response??? I appreciate it scd46, but I'm not confident in your response as you said "he might". Again, thank your for responding scd46, but I need to hear from a technical person that has experience and that is why I came right to the Benelli site. I spent $1800.00 dollars on this gun, I'm starting think that was big mistake!

Greg Bennett

Quaker Boy Pro Staff

Basically, it has to do with how you mount the gun. Pay attention to your view down the top of the receiver/barrel when you mount it. If you see a whole bunch of receiver and barrel, then you will shoot high. It might just take raising the stock on your shoulder so you really only see the bead/front sight hovering right on top of the receiver. Changing the angle of the stock in relation to the receiver with the shims performs the same function. It lowers the bore in relation to how you have the stock mounted on your shoulder. Have someone who knows what they're doing look at how you're mounting the gun and they can provide some feedback on whether it's just a mounting issue or whether the stock angle needs to be adjusted. There are many other pieces of the puzzle that affect how the gun points. A stock that's too long can also affect how the gun points when you mount it.

Also. Get over yourself. You're complaining because someone out here didn't jump right on your problem. You provided precious little info on what kind of shooting you're doing, your experience, etc., other than the gun "shoots high". Whole books have been written on how to shoot a shotgun. Do a little google searching on the proper mounting of a shotgun. NSSF website has some videos on the subject. So do a lot of others.

Edited by truckcop