Does your Vinchi kill your finger?

Ashpond

I recently bought 2 Camo Super Vinchis for Christmas. One for myself and one for my 13 year old son. We use them for duck hunting in eastern Arkansas. When he shoots his, the trigger guard slams his finger. He tries to keep his middle finger taped up but it still gets beat up. After hunting this morning, his finger is swollen and bruised. Any one else have this problem? If so, what was your solution? :confused:

Ashpond,

I understand your question and the problem you describe. The trigger guard configuration on the Vinci and Super Vinci are different.

Early buyers of the Vinci complained that the gun lacked adequate room when wearing gloves. Benelli addressed this complaint by making the trigger guard more angular on the Super Vinci. But, that solution creates a problem for female and young male shooters who have a smaller hand-size that places the middle finder against the redesigned trigger guard on the Super Vinci.

Ouch!!

--Spike

Ashpond,

I understand your question and the problem you describe. The trigger guard configuration on the Vinci and Super Vinci are different.

Early buyers of the Vinci complained that the gun lacked adequate room when wearing gloves. Benelli addressed this complaint by making the trigger guard more angular on the Super Vinci. But, that solution creates a problem for female and young male shooters who have a smaller hand-size that places the middle finder against the redesigned trigger guard on the Super Vinci.

Ouch!!

--Spike

I guess I have a Super Vinchi for sale. Has had about 4 boxes of duck loads shot thru it. Camo with case it came in. Never been wet or not carried in a new case to/from duck blind. Hete to sell it but my 13 year old won't shoot it due to killing his middle finger when he does. I guess I would take a couple of hundred less than a new one cost.

Jeez… Don’t "throw-out the baby with the bath water.”

Notice that your Super Vinci’s trigger guard is squared at its rear (actually about the angle of an octagon). That more upright/flat angle of the trigger guard’s rear is why your son is experiencing a problem with the gun’s recoil. The fix is simple. You only need to round this angle so that it resembles the Vinci’s trigger guard.

--Spike

Edited by Spike100
Spelling

Jeez… Don’t "throw-out the baby with the bath water.”

Notice that your Super Vinci’s trigger guard is squared at its rear (actually about the angle of an octagon). That more upright/flat angle of the trigger guard’s rear is why your son is experiencing a problem with the gun’s recoil. The fix is simple. You only need to round this angle so that it resembles the Vinci’s trigger guard.

--Spike

I just hate to work on an expensive gun with a grinder! I would rather trade it for a Browning Maxus or something he can shoot.

That's a valid point since the Super Vinci trades well. I'm sure that altering the trigger guard will reduce the gun's value. The Montefeltro is a good gun for younger shooters. Alos, I doubt he will bump his middle finger with the original Vinci which has a smaller trigger guard. --Spike