New Here

Kryptonice

Hi my name is Dean I'm new here and I live in Florida. The reason I made this account is, I'm 16 and I have been shooting multiple times with my friends at Ranches. My friends have been talking to me and I've expressed interest in owning a firearm, one I have been looking is the Benelli Nova. I've owned a high power pellet gun for about a year and a half now and a bb gun before that, I would consider myself responsible with a firearm. My dilema is my parents aren't anti-gun but they don't own any either so I was wondering what you guys were thinking, and if it is a good idea how should I approach my parents?

I bought my first gun at age 14. My dad was supportive. My mother was anti. Decades later she is pro.

I would involve your parents and remind them you've been responsible with a gun up to this point. Pay for it with your own money. Ask your dad to go with you to a range and shoot some rentals. Maybe take a safety course/shooting lessons with him. Allow your parents to lock it up (after all it is their place) if that helps in the negotiating process.

The Nova is a great gun but I think maybe a .22lr might be a better first gun. Just my .02.

Good luck and post pics when you end up getting something!