M1 Field

BenelliBoy

I have had a M1 12 ga. with the wood stock etc. now for two hunting seasons. I have made two trips to canada to shot geese and ducks plus my normal 6 weeks of duck hunting on Lake Okeechobee Florida. I also shoot sporting clays and dove hunt each yr. It is a good gun, points very well , light weight , nice high rib to get on target guickly , very simple gun that doesn`t break or malfunction with the proper cleaning etc. Easy to breakdown for cleaning , when ever you are inspired to do so , with very few moving parts. Kills geese, ducks, doves & clays with ease and just keeps shooting. I only use the 3 " shells for geese with 2 3/4" for all else. I have the 26 ' barrel and use the standard chokes for all shooting except for geese and i use the Wad Wizard for them. Be sure and look at the gun and shoulder it a few times to make sure you like the feel of the gun. I also installed a Limb Saver recoil pad which works great. You can install it without special fitting as it is designed to fit the Benelli etc. Well a lot of info but i think it is a good gun. Larry

You are welcome...i picked up my new M2 yesterday...so i guess i will have to use the M1 in the left hand and the M2 in the right hand. I might sell my M1 but haven`t decided yet. I have two sets of standard chokes ( 5 of the black choke tubes plus 5 stainless tubes ) and a $ 100 Wad Wizard Supreme Extended Tube and a Limb Saver recoil pad. Bought it new in Nov. 2002 and really liked the inertia design and feel of the gun. Decided to try the M2. Haven`t done much with it yet except to send the trigger assy. to Benelli to change the safety spring. Should have it back early next week. Benelli has been great with a quick turn around on the spring change. Larry

Thats cool... I am looking at either the m1 or m2 for next year.. I think I am going to get a Benelli Nova Pump in synthetic black 12 gauge here probably in the next month or two i am still looking..From what i have heard people like their Nova Pumps...I am happy with benelli's Customer Service.. They anwsered my question very quickly and i am happy with benelli...

Later

BenelliBoy