MR1 burns forward hand when fired

Mylesforster

Where are you gripping the stock? Near the magazine well or forward of the gas ports? The two vents at the top of the forward stock are hot gas vents for the ARGO system, but they should not be heating the surrounding plastic to such an extent to burn your hands. I don't own one but I have researched to buy, there should be a heat shield where the stock meets the barrel.

Are you talking about the stock steadily getting warmer during firing?

No the gas is coming out from where the forward stock meets the magazine. (about an inch infront of where the mag is inserted) It is coming out of the lower part of this area and it causes blood blisters on my inner palm (closest to thumb) and inner top of ring finger of left hand. Im not holding the gun anywhere near the barrel and it doesnt gradually heat up it burns instanstly when fired.

No the gas is coming out from where the forward stock meets the magazine. (about an inch infront of where the mag is inserted) It is coming out of the lower part of this area and it causes blood blisters on my inner palm (closest to thumb) and inner top of ring finger of left hand. Im not holding the gun anywhere near the barrel and it doesnt gradually heat up it burns instanstly when fired.

I don't know what to call that. The two ports on either side on top of the forward stock are gas vents. What you are describing sounds like an over pressurization...as if there was a blockage or just too much hot gas for the port system to handle. The ARGO system only uses as much gas as is required to cycle the action and then vents the remainder out of the weapon.

I'd like to know what kind of ammunition you are using. I'm wondering if you are using rounds that generate more pressure than the system was designed to deal with. Either that or your ports are somehow blocked forcing the venting to occur at the weakest seam...that being near the magazine.

Edited by joshua1240

The only thing I've come up with while searching are issues with pressure involving steel cased ammo, but in those situations the issue is the pressure behind the cartridge instead of in front of it.

When you take off the forward assembly there is actually a lip of plastic flush above where you are holding it, and for very hot gas to push through that instead of it's inclination to go the path of least resistance (up and out through the vents) makes me think it's being vented directly down.

I think you'll want to write/call Benelli customer service and tell them what you're experiencing. There might be a simple explanation and fix involving the ARGO or there may be a deeper problem here.