Benelli SBEII- 5, Ducks/Geese 0

CaptainCharles

Cool. I'm also curious about what choke you were using. Also, what shot size?

I went this weekend, saw a lot of ducks, shot a lot of shells, and occasionally I guess I got lucky and a duck would actually fall.

This was my first time actually duck hunting and my new SBEII, also the first time I've really used it, did absolutely perfect. I just need to work on my aim, lol. Still fun though.

I did shoot two boxes of 3.5's over the whole weekend, and have basically got no shoulder pain. However, a guy hunting with us was getting real tired of his 870 because it started to hurt so much.

Again, today, pouring rain to start the morning.....then two mergies, two buffies......not so good BUT........I have the wood version of SBEII, and it performs flawlessly even in the rain, though I was nervous a cat about rust. I'll step out on a limb here and make a recommendation.....CorrosionX!!! Saved the day....my whole world was wet with rain or saltspray....no rust, nada, nothing. I owe it all to CorrosionX!!

No haven't been up that way. I stay around Bogue Sound, Core Sound, Back Sound, N. River, Middle Marshes and Shackleford Banks. I hear that PP is holding Pintail, Teal, and Blacks....but they're on the impoundment and stay there. Word is, even if you get a draw hunt, your luck ain't that great, they just stay put, don't get up and move around to offer any shooting. My friend says he sits there and watches them all day, just out of reach, but they stay down and don't fly.