Differences between HK Benelli M1 Tactical and current M4 Tactical?

bobbie51

Could someone list the differences in operation, mechanical, construction, materials, etc, between an HK Benelli M1 Tactical with 18.5" barrel and the current M4 Tactical shotgun?

Have there been major improvements from the M1 to the M4 design, any known problems with either?? Has anyone shot both for a direct comparison?

Yes there have been major changes. The M1 is an inertia driven system, the M4 is gas.

You can get more information on the mechanical differences on the benelli website. I have never fired an M1 so I cannot make any useful comments in re: comparison.

The M4 is a very easy gun to shoot.

Hey Bobbie,

Like Case said, the main difference is the operating system. One way that translates is that the M1 is considerably lighter which is nice if your going to lug it around all day but your shoulder does pay more of a price shooting that lightweight shotgun. You will notice the recoil more. I have had both but have since sold my M1. Here's a pic....LMTM4006.jpg

Later,

Hookster :)