Ghost ring sights on M1S90....

58worldseries

I'm sure that this question has been asked before however, I have been unable to find an answer in my searches. I recently purchased an M1S90. It's date of manufacture was 1995. Unlike a friend of mines gun it does not have ghost ring sights on it. I was wondering if they could be changed out with altering the gun? Also, I have read that the older ghost rings ( like the originals for this gun) were not made very well and that the newer versions are better, anyone know anything of this??

Sounds like your M1 has barrel mounted open sights. In order to have Ghost Ring Sights, you'd need to mount a new rear sight on the receiver and purchase a new barrel with the higher mounted front sight.

My M1 has the open sights and I prefer them over GRS.

Having open sights gives you more options and versatility with the gun. My M3 came with a 19.75" barrel with open sights. I can use the gun with a 26" barrel with a fiber optic front bead which doesn't line up with a rear ghost ring sight. A rear GRS would also interfere with a folding stock if I ever wanted to install one.