Benelli Montefeltro Silver – Magazine tube

jackburton

Does anyone know which loctite the Benelli Montefeltro Silver's magazine tube is locked down with? I thought it was blue but I spoke with a friend who said he had to send in his montefeltro to get the tube removed because the loctite wouldn't release with heat.

I'm taking off the magazine tube because I have a shell stuck in the tube (in case folks have an idea on how to get the shell out).

Thanks in advance all :D

Jack

The tube to receiver fitting does have loctite on it, about a 271 type, but if it is a newer gun you should have 2 flats on the far end of the tube. If this is correct all you have to do is use the appropriate wrench or an adjustable to remove it, there is no loctite on that end. That "nut" on the end is like a nylon lock nut but it's a nylon lock screw. There is a witness mark on the side of it where the cap and tube contact. Just make sure the marks line up when you tighten it back down as this sets the barrel spacing. I suggest putting the receiver in a padded vise instead of the tube itself to keep from crimping the tube. Hope this helps.