Benelli M4 field stock install

LumberZach

Hey all,

I am the proud new owner of a Benelli m4. I wanted a field stock, but didn't find any locally so just went ahead and got the regular pistol grip model and purchased a field stock from Benelli's website. Install simply enough I unscrewed the old stock, screwed on the new stock. Of course, by the time I got it to where it should be it was a massive pain to get on, and very tight. I also had some issues getting the notch lined up right with the trigger guard to reinstall it, but I eventually got it. Now for my question, the plastic on the stock where it meets the receiver is flared out a little like it is too tight. Did I screw it on a full revolution too far? It doesn't seem like it would have been quite tight enough there, but I'm not sure. As I am typing this I figure I should have snapped a picture before it went in the safe, but I figure you guys can understand what I am saying. I will say that I think the field stock is incredibly more comfortable than the pistol grip.