recomendations for a Nova front sight replacement

KMG21

What type of shooting are you doing? If you're shooting moving targets, i.e., birds, clays, etc., and you're "aiming" with the sight, you're doing it wrong. You should be looking at the target and most serious shooters feel that there's no need for the front bead at all. Having said that, there are a number of possibilities for replacement.

I used one of these for a while. They're cheap and the magnets hold it on under shooting conditions just fine. They will come off if bumped while walking through brush or around low hanging limbs. I found it to be too bright and distracting.

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/sights/front-sights/shotgun-fiber-optic-sight-prod9507.aspx

I tried a couple of other similar versions but they had the same issues.

I settled on the Trijicon Trijidot. The fiber optic is much smaller and doesn't glow like a road flare on the end of the barrel. Quite a bit more expensive but I found it to work for my purposes and isn't as distracting for clays/birds.