Benelli Nova Cantilever Rifled Barrel 12ga

salvarez

First post and apologies for beating a dead horse.

I have been unsuccessful in reaching Badger Barrels. I don't want iron sights and prefer a barrel that keeps the scopes with it.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Who makes them?

Thank you in advance.

I've been pondering this. Would a competent gunsmith be able to add a cantilever rail to a barrel? Maybe braze one on?

Good question and I found the hard way it cant be done. Voids Benelli warranty on a factory barrel and because of the receiver's construction, the gun smith refused to drill it for removable saddle mounts.

Therefore the only way to do this right is to have a cantilever barrel that stays with the scope.

Unless someone offers one up on GunBroker or Ebay, you're not likely to find one. Some mount maker out there might make a universal shotgun-barrel cantilever mount that you could have mounted to your barrel, but good luck with that. You could probably find a new 870 with a rifled barrel/cantilever scope mount for less than $400, probably not much more than what you'd pay for a Benelli barrel so equipped.

• 2 weeks later...
Good question and I found the hard way it cant be done. Voids Benelli warranty on a factory barrel and because of the receiver's construction, the gun smith refused to drill it for removable saddle mounts.

Therefore the only way to do this right is to have a cantilever barrel that stays with the scope.

Couldn't a cantilever be brazed on to a Carlson barrel? Your factory barrel would still be unaltered and you could keep your scope mounted to the cantilever that's attached to the Carlson. I've seen those barrels for $150.00-$200.00. Maybe ADCO could fit and align the rail for you.

As for an "out of the box" cantilevered Nova barrel, I fear you'll never find one. If you want one bad enough, I think you're going to have to go custom.

Good luck!

Couldn't a cantilever be brazed on to a Carlson barrel? Your factory barrel would still be unaltered and you could keep your scope mounted to the cantilever that's attached to the Carlson. I've seen those barrels for $150.00-$200.00. Maybe ADCO could fit and align the rail for you.

As for an "out of the box" cantilevered Nova barrel, I fear you'll never find one. If you want one bad enough, I think you're going to have to go custom.

Good luck!

Dudeman-thank you for the guidance. I checked them out and if I read correctly there's are rifled chokes only, not barrel length rifling. Will try contacting them to find out for sure.