Benelli MR1, Beretta Rx4

There are not many of these guns in use. I would like to gather owners/shooters of this gun together in one place for information sharing. Particularly for load data, and parts/accessories.

I am wondering if anyone out there has found a particular bullet, factory loaded, or hand loaded that works well in this rifle. Please Share the information about it.

Also, wondering if anyone knows if the Benelli Shotgun scope rails have the same radius on their underside, allowing them to be fit to the MR1. I would like to remove my rear sight and put a longer rail in its place.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

So, there are evidently no interested MR1 users. I just finished another disappointing day at the range with the MR1. I have owned my MR1 since new, it is one of the first 600 made. I take to the range every now and then to try another load.

It simply will not consistently group any load which I have tried at better than 2.0MOA. It reminds me of an older Mini14. The bullets just scatter. I have used 55 to 68 grain bullets, W748, Varget, and BL(c)-2 in my attempts.

• 4 months later...

Hey, you are not alone with the MR1.  I have an MR1, I bought used.  It was damaged in transit to me.  I had to fix and install a new rear sight as the previous owner broke the mounting screws and trashed the mounting holes.  He then lost the rear sight.  I bought a new one and fixed the rifle and installed it.  When the chaos dies down I will be getting it to the range and get it sighted in. 

• 7 months later...

Add another MR1 owner to the page...

Is it common for the rear sight to be missing? I bought mine used as well.  At least I didn't pay much, a bunch of old boxed Aluminum cased 9mm, some old .40 and came with it and ~$100.

I still haven't fired it yet, it's been laying around for at least six months, looks interesting but range time has been a bit rare lately.

I still haven't tossed an optic on it, can't decide if I'll go magnified/electro/red dot.

• 5 months later...
On 6/5/2020 at 2:18 PM, 1006 said:

So, there are evidently no interested MR1 users. I just finished another disappointing day at the range with the MR1. I have owned my MR1 since new, it is one of the first 600 made. I take to the range every now and then to try another load.

It simply will not consistently group any load which I have tried at better than 2.0MOA. It reminds me of an older Mini14. The bullets just scatter. I have used 55 to 68 grain bullets, W748, Varget, and BL(c)-2 in my attempts.

I am more than interested to hear what has been learned about the MR1 platform from personal experience. I just purchased one and would appreciate any input you guys may have.

• 3 months later...