R1 accuracy and forend involvement

Gary Suarez

Has anybody else noticed that due to the 2 piece forend design that hand placement on the forend is crucial? I found that a light hand grip on the very rear of the forend improved accuracy from 4moa to 1moa at 100yds with Speer 180 gr SP bulk buy ammo.....for those wondering how to improve your accuracy just try shifting your hands and avoid the sand bag in front....you wouldn't carry it into the field....so impressed with the 30-06 went and bought the 270 wsm.....

• 4 months later...
On 7/20/2020 at 7:48 PM, Gary Suarez said:

Has anybody else noticed that due to the 2 piece forend design that hand placement on the forend is crucial? I found that a light hand grip on the very rear of the forend improved accuracy from 4moa to 1moa at 100yds with Speer 180 gr SP bulk buy ammo.....for those wondering how to improve your accuracy just try shifting your hands and avoid the sand bag in front....you wouldn't carry it into the field....so impressed with the 30-06 went and bought the 270 wsm.....

I agree