TTI springs for M2 trigger upgrade?

Dargg7

Hello,

I recently purchased a Benelli M2 Field Left Handed model. I love it but my only critique is I usually prefer around a 4 lb trigger pull and it's closer to 6 1/2 - 7 lbs.

TTI advertises a replacement hammer and trigger spring. Has anyone used them? Does it help and is it reliable?

Also maybe dumb question but what is the point of the hammer spring? I'm assuming the trigger spring reduces the trigger pull, or do you need both.

Thanks!

The TTI spring kit definitely reduces the trigger pull. I have an M2 that has the whole TTI enhancements for competition and that includes those springs. I believe they also did some polishing as well so I can’t say mine is just springs.  I can say my trigger pull weight is about 2.5lbs.

The trigger spring and hammer spring are reduced power in the TTI kit to reduce the pull weight. Yes, the hammer spring also reduces the trigger pull weight because the amount of tension the hammer spring puts on the sear, the more weight it takes to release the hammer.  The down side to the reduced power hammer spring is reduced force on the primer.  I haven’t had any light strikes with my TTI M2 but it is something to be aware of.