Is this cleaning kit good for the M4, or is it overpriced for what it is?

Anon4755

I would go to walmart except where i live all the stores are anti gun here. Walmart here doesnt even sell airsoft anything anymore, and the cleaning kits stocked are cheap chinese ones ive bought that break easy. I wanted to get a cleaning kit that i can field strip down and carry on me that would last forever so i dont mind spending money that can swap between 12 gauge and 10mm if anyone has recommendations. Thanks!!

21 minutes ago, Anon4755 said:

I would go to walmart except where i live all the stores are anti gun here. Walmart here doesnt even sell airsoft anything anymore, and the cleaning kits stocked are cheap chinese ones ive bought that break easy. I wanted to get a cleaning kit that i can field strip down and carry on me that would last forever so i dont mind spending money that can swap between 12 gauge and 10mm if anyone has recommendations. Thanks!!

Pull-troughs are easiest for carry in the field.

https://otistec.com/gauge-patriot-gun-cleaning-kit/

• Upvote 1

For $70 that Benelli kit is a waste of money. I also recommend the Otis. You can screw any attachment you need to the end of the cable. I like the kit that comes in a small zippered cloth case which can take a lot of abuse in and out of range bags, pouches, pockets etc. It's easy to bring the parts you need for what you may be shooting. I also like the bore snake, but it's more of a quick clean with a couple of passes. I think these are good things to have with you in the field or at the range.

In my shop I use a Dewey one piece .30 cal rod for larger rifles and my shotguns. I have different rods for different caliber rifles. They don't travel well, but are excellent for a detailed clean on the work bench.

Edited by CobraBG
  • Like 1