Benelli M2 Tactical/ Mesa Tactical Urbino Help

USAF416SPS

Good evening,

I was wondering if anyone familiar with the mesa tactical urbino stock and preferably with the M2 as well could give me any installation assistance. I got the stock on and then I can’t get it to go any further with it not reaching the receiver.

Any advice?

Thanks again!

B02303B4-7F0A-4092-B2B8-0CF799FA1C65.jpeg

During my exhaustive search I was unable to find any threads or videos specifically geared towards the mesa tactical  urbino pistol grip stock and the Benelli M2. So it is my hope this thread helps someone in the future, should they encounter the same problems.

The long story short, I don’t know if it was an out of spec issue with the urbino stock or a dimensional part change with Benelli. The issue was resolved by drilling the plastic cup mount inside the stock and the provided large oval steel washer to a slightly larger diameter and that allowed the recoil tube and threaded shaft to fully seat in the stock. Otherwise it was physically impossible to install the stock without this small modification.

Thank you 

• Upvote 1

There are many variants of the stock. Some fit on 1301s, some fit on M1014s, 870s etc., but they all look the same at a glance. I'm guessing you bought the wrong one.

That gap is basically the difference between a steel collapsible buffer tube and one with a aluminum buffer tube. Otherwise looks like you found a work around.

16 hours ago, Doge said:

There are many variants of the stock. Some fit on 1301s, some fit on M1014s, 870s etc., but they all look the same at a glance. I'm guessing you bought the wrong one.

That gap is basically the difference between a steel collapsible buffer tube and one with a aluminum buffer tube. Otherwise looks like you found a work around.

Hi,

The mesa tactical box tag says it’s for the Benelli M2 model. I suppose there is always the  possibility that a stock for another variant was incorrectly packaged with the box being correct and the stock was not, but yes I was able to resolve the issue. I did put in a call to Mesa Tactical but haven’t gotten a response at this time.

• 1 year later...

So I literally had the same issue today when trying to install my new Mesa tactical buttStock onto my Benelli M2. I Went online and couldn’t find any videos or any information. I called Mesa tactical directly and I spoke with somebody named Ryan in technical support. He told me that during the development of the buttstock that the Benelli‘s they used to design it did not have a wider ring beneath the threads of the shaft that’s inside the buttstock. He told me I could use either a file or a drill bit to widen the little plastic plug inside the Mesa Tactical butt stock, and that it would slide over.  Unfortunately Mesa tactical also forgot to include the steel oval washer in the kit I purchased. Ryan was helpful enough to take my address and he’ll be sending that to me. It seems like they’re making this more of an issue online by not being more open and forthright about their products or issues. Mesa should address this a little better instead of customers having to shell out $150 and then figure it out on their own.