Benelli M2 question

JohnM2

I have an M2 field model with 21” barrel that is 3+1 capacity. I wanted to buy and install the +2 factory extension that comes on the M2 Tactical models. If I get one, will it just replace the end cap of my Field model and I won’t have to change the spring?

You will need to change the Magazine Spring if you would like it done correctly - Why, you will damage your Carrier Latch with usage.  I replace 8 - 10 Carrier Latches per year - most common cause, extended magazines that are not setup correctly.  

Some after marketers of these products have very little understanding of the cause and effect because they never deal with the effect - bent carrier latches.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, remarkable said:

You will need to change the Magazine Spring if you would like it done correctly - Why, you will damage your Carrier Latch with usage.  I replace 8 - 10 Carrier Latches per year - most common cause, extended magazines that are not setup correctly.  

Some after marketers of these products have very little understanding of the cause and effect because they never deal with the effect - bent carrier latches.

Thanks for the response. I guess my main question was do the Field model and Tactical model use two different magazine springs from the factory. You are saying yes I will need to order a M2 Tactical spring?

• 9 months later...
On 2/7/2022 at 8:41 AM, remarkable said:

@Remarkable:

I am thinking about buying a Benelli #80155 (+2) extension for my M2.  You have written in the past that oftentimes a magazine extension is the cause of a bent carrier.  Would the spring included with the #80155 kit have the correct calibration to prevent problems with the carrier in my M2?  

Benelli # 80155 has the correct parts to effectively deliver and store shells in the magazine tube with damaging the Carrier Latch when shells are released from the magazine tube.

Guns that release multiple shells from the magazine have in most cases bent Carrier Latches or out of spec drop shells levers, or both.

Please let me know how I can help.

• Like 2