Benelli M4 11703 - Does it come with a 3 position tube under the stock?

driftpickle

Benelli complicated this by reusing the 10703 model number. There have been two versions of the 10703. The newer one comes with the fixed field stock, it likely has the three position receiver extension beneath it. The older one which came after the first run of the M1014 has the neutered receiver extension and came with a fixed pistol grip stock. This model also came with the hated 4 port barrel which would destroy the bolt carrier in short order when used with standard power loads.

It sounds like the model you are looking to purchase is the newer of the two, but I would still check by removing the stock to see which extension it has and by looking down the barrel and making sure only two gas ports are visible.

13 minutes ago, StrangerDanger said:

Benelli complicated this by reusing the 10703 model number. There have been two versions of the 10703. The newer one comes with the fixed field stock, it likely has the three position receiver extension beneath it. The older one which came after the first run of the M1014 has the neutered receiver extension and came with a fixed pistol grip stock. This model also came with the hated 4 port barrel which would destroy the bolt carrier in short order when used with standard power loads.

It sounds like the model you are looking to purchase is the newer of the two, but I would still check by removing the stock to see which extension it has and by looking down the barrel and making sure only two gas ports are visible.

The m4 i have is the 11703 model and under the stock is the 3 position piece and only has 2 gas ports.  Now im curious what other differences there are across all the m4 models aside from exterier looks and butt stocks. 

Thanks for the information everyone. I have a side question - the limited edition "M1014" (11701) with the fixed stock - the tube doesn't have the notches to make it collapsible, so will the entire tube assembly need to be replaced to get the 3 position function? I think I read that it was very hard and you risk mangling the receiver due to the locktite. Is this correct? This would make the 11703 more desirable to me over the 11701 because switching over to a collapsible stock would be easier.

1 hour ago, driftpickle said:

Thanks for the information everyone. I have a side question - the limited edition "M1014" (11701) with the fixed stock - the tube doesn't have the notches to make it collapsible, so will the entire tube assembly need to be replaced to get the 3 position function? I think I read that it was very hard and you risk mangling the receiver due to the locktite. Is this correct? This would make the 11703 more desirable to me over the 11701 because switching over to a collapsible stock would be easier.

Yes. But good luck finding a collapsible stock. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, driftpickle said:

Takes about 15-20 min with a heat gun. There’s a great post on how to from StrangerDanger 

C3DA2AA9-C206-46D6-AF5A-46540698CC44.jpeg

Edited by Fullassault
  • Like 1