Reduced Power Spring or 25% more? Mag Tube

S.C.I.E.N.C.E

Hey, 

Today I got my Briley CF 7 round mag on (highly recommend btw) and luckily the process wasn't as bad as I thought, blowdryer did the trick for 15 mins. 

Anyway, I put the spring back in and noticed the last shell isn't getting fed as properly anymore. I know people here have talked about the Wolff spring which I see https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3415575281 here. Wasn't sure if its best to go with a reduced power (doesn't seem right to me) or the 25% extra power. 

Thanks in advance. 

43 minutes ago, Milspec said:

Blow dryer for 15 minutes?  Wow OP you got lucky.  I needed an active volcano and the arm strength of Kong.

? I know, I felt VERY lucky. I've been lurking here and reading a lot of stories of this thing not coming off so I was prepared for the worst. Bought a gun vice grip and everything went smoothly. There was really not much locktight on it luckily. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

That's interesting Doge and I truly don't understand. Isn't a spring a spring? As long as it's the correct length I'd think any one would work in any gun as long as it's 12 gauge diameter.

That midway link is for the recoil spring. So shorter, even shorter than a 5 round factory magazine tube.

• Upvote 1