m4 tritium insert installation

bob3

Greetings. I have an m4 that has the standard ghost ring sights. I'm looking to upgrade to the OEM night sights when they are back in stock. I've searched youtube for a tutorial and  found practically nothing. What is the procedure for replacing the inserts? The manual omits an mention of this subject...

Bob

Be very careful with the front post. The threads are very soft and the nut is lined with polymer.  Tighten it just enough so it doesn’t move otherwise you are going to strip it.  You might consider a blitzkrieg components front post. They are made of stronger metal.  

7954F6E2-BD45-4BBD-BD3D-DDA8C98AC90D.jpeg

2CF607CD-8A64-4567-9F9B-93F71CFFEF9F.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Fullassault said:

Be very careful with the front post. The threads are very soft and the nut is lined with polymer.  Tighten it just enough so it doesn’t move otherwise you are going to strip it.  You might consider a blitzkrieg components front post. They are made of stronger metal.  

7954F6E2-BD45-4BBD-BD3D-DDA8C98AC90D.jpeg

2CF607CD-8A64-4567-9F9B-93F71CFFEF9F.jpeg

What rear sights are those

The rear are what come on my m1014. They are luminous. I actually like them better than the mepro night sights (black with no white around the tritium) the luminous sights work better for me in the daylight which is 99% of my shooting time

Edited by Fullassault

6 minutes ago, Fullassault said:

The rear are what come on my m1014. They are luminous. I actually like them better than the mepro night sights (black with no white around the tritium) the luminous sights work better for me in the daylight which is 99% of my shooting time

Where could i get one? Thanks.