Benelli M1 Tactical

Greg Tacker

Good afternoon.  I've recently acquired a Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical and want to put a pistol grip stock and side saddle shell carrier on it.  This gun is in mint condition and I want it to be similar to my 870's for ease of operation.  I know this is an older gun, out of production.  But, does anyone still make these parts?  Will M2 or M3 stocks fit the M1?   Thanks very much!  

52 minutes ago, Greg Tacker said:

Good afternoon.  I've recently acquired a Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical and want to put a pistol grip stock and side saddle shell carrier on it.  This gun is in mint condition and I want it to be similar to my 870's for ease of operation.  I know this is an older gun, out of production.  But, does anyone still make these parts?  Will M2 or M3 stocks fit the M1?   Thanks very much!  

You can get a factory Benelli pistol grip stock or if you want a shorter length of pull, you could get a mesa tactical urbino. As far as a side saddle goes, you’d probably be best served with one of the shotgun cards velcro type setup to avoid any cycling issue’s. I use Esstac but there are also a couple other quality manufacturer’s people also recommend.

• Upvote 2

If I remember correctly, those pistol grip stocks also were the same as those on that era's Benelli Black Eagle and Super Black Eagle turkey and slug guns as well. I don't know if you use Gunbroker.com, but if so, here's a good price on one from a reputable dealer: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/935845322

There's another one listed at the below link, but that is an aftermarket one. I haven't heard anything about that brand. Or, save this search and check periodically: https://www.gunbroker.com/Gun-Parts/search?Keywords=benelli m1 pistol grip stock&Sort=13&PageSize=96

If you end up wanting to sell your field stock, I might be interested in it.