Benelli M4 Malfunction Question

Brandon101884

Today is the first day of owning my M4 11715. I have a question about a malfunction I had experienced. While shooting, a shell was not exactly fed. It was sort of floating here (see picture). All I needed to do was pull the bolt handle back. What happened? Less than 100 rounds in. I was shooting FIOCCHI Hi Velocity 12 gauge 2 3/4 1325fps 00 Buckshot.

2266A97A-9950-4472-92E5-916E87DE8865.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ben elLes said:

Does the lifter move without any resistance and feel springy?  Is there any resistance or rubbing? I had an aftermarket one I had to fix due to rubbing.  Is this happening continuously or this is the first malfunction in your first 100 rounds

It’s springy and there is no rubbing. It feels very smooth. This was the first and o my malfunction so far. Maybe it’s just the break in process?

Do a couple of searches here, YouTube, etc and you will find many cases where the M4 just doesn't seem to like FIOCCHI shells all that much, and it may have nothing to do with FPS. I can't find it now, but at one time, I came across a YouTube video where a guy explained something about FIOCCHI shells being slightly different than other shells as the cause of the problem. That was his theory anyway. And, of course, others own M4s here that will shoot FIOCCHI and all other shells just fine. (???)  

5 minutes ago, Unobtanium said:

I presume this was the last, or next to last round in the tube. If correct in my presumption, your issue is that you need a new mag spring. I recommend Carriercomp's, and if you cannot source that, FFTs. 

It was second to last. Reall? Replace the spring? It’s a new gun. Are they faulty?

14 minutes ago, Brandon101884 said:

It was second to last. Reall? Replace the spring? It’s a new gun. Are they faulty?

Not faulty, just not stout enough. This complaint has existed with the 7 shot tube for over a decade and a half.

If you want further diagnostic, run some 12 pellet 2.75" 1290fps or some #4 3" buck. It will exacerbate an under sprung mag.

Edited by Unobtanium

22 minutes ago, Unobtanium said:

Not faulty, just not stout enough. This complaint has existed with the 7 shot tube for over a decade and a half.

If you want further diagnostic, run some 12 pellet 2.75" 1290fps or some #4 3" buck. It will exacerbate an under sprung mag.

https://www.shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=1&categoryId=-1

Is that the one you were referring to, for a 7 round tube? Is this the best out there?