M4 heatshield

Dogman

RX Arms makes a heatshield for the M4 and it is really really nice. The only other thing that I know of that comes close to that would be the Briley forearm. It doesn't completely cover the barrel on the top but it does give you the ability to hold up on it higher than the stock forearm.

On 8/23/2023 at 3:36 PM, John Doe said:

RX Arms makes a heatshield for the M4 and it is really really nice. The only other thing that I know of that comes close to that would be the Briley forearm. It doesn't completely cover the barrel on the top but it does give you the ability to hold up on it higher than the stock forearm.

I didn't think the RX heatshield was released yet?

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 7:38 AM, Dogman said:

I’ve seen the Mossberg 590 heatshields fitted on the M4. Anyone know how it’s attached to the rear?

They basically loop around the barrel using two tabs. I have one on my 590A1. 

You can see the tabs on the pictures of them. 

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1843264926

I would think they could pretty much be a universal fit to several shotguns as long as the barrel profile is very similar. The tabs could be bent a little for different diameters. 

The hard part will be finding a factory mossberg one in stock. 

There are aftermarket ones available, but they do not look as good as the factory mossberg ones. 

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the Mossberg 590A1 2048 heatshield on a Benelli M4, it's not a common or recommended modification, and there's a reason for that. The Benelli M4 is designed to operate with specific features, including its barrel and heat management system. Attempting to fit a heat shield from a different firearm onto the Benelli M4 may not only result in performance issues but can also compromise safety.

• Downvote 1