M2 Tactical: buying comfortech stock. 3 rounds or 5 rounds?

kbyrd

I'm looking at the benelli M2 tactical (10055 or 10027) and I have a few questions:

- I see the modular stock system advertised, but I don't see a comfortech stock available in the catalog. If I buy an M2 tactical with non-pistol synthetic stock, can I swap out for a Comfortech stock? Where would I get one for the m2 tactical?

- I notice the M2 tactical with synthetic stock has a built in +2 magazine extension, but the model with Comfortech does not. Is this extension easily available as an acessory (or is this going down the whole imported parts problem?)

- I'm a lefty, but I've shot only right-handed guns without much trouble. I'm wondering if buying a left-handed comfort gel pad will work in the normally right-handed M2 tactical.

- What's a good price for the M2 tactical straight (non-pistol) synthetic stock with rifle sights (10055)? How about the Comfortech with rifle sights (10027)?

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully I'll buy this weekend.

[ 07-16-2006, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: kbyrd ]

I talked to someone from Benelli yesterday, I'll answer my own questions.

- I see the modular stock system advertised, but I don't see a comfortech stock available in the catalog. If I buy an M2 tactical with non-pistol synthetic stock, can I swap out for a Comfortech stock? Where would I get one for the m2 tactical?
It is possible to change the stocks on the M2, but Benelli doesn't currently offer the Comfortech stock for the M2 as a separate part. They may in the future.

- I notice the M2 tactical with synthetic stock has a built in +2 magazine extension, but the model with Comfortech does not. Is this extension easily available as an acessory (or is this going down the whole imported parts problem?)
I'm sure you all know this by know. Benelli won't import them, try TacStar (but I'd still like to find a +2 for the M2 instead of a +3)

- I'm a lefty, but I've shot only right-handed guns without much trouble. I'm wondering if buying a left-handed comfort gel pad will work in the normally right-handed M2 tactical.

Yes, this works. The left handed buttpad fits the right handed M2 tactical. Benelli doesn't make a left handed M2 tactical and the rep I spoke to said something about not being able to buy a left-handed m2 field and then use a 18.5" barrel with it (it's a "right handed bbl"?!?)

I think we have an M2 Tactical ComforTech with a +2 in the store but I could be wrong. There's also an extra +3 extension in the store just waiting for someone to "take it home" (but it's camo'd). No, they don't offer a left-hand tactical or an 18.5" left-hand barrel, so if you want a lefty tactical, you'll have to have it modified.