SBE3 BE.S.T 20/28 Difficult to tighten fore end cap!

Potlicker601

My BIL and I just purchased SBE3 BE.S.T model 20 gauge 28" barrel guns. I have disassemble and reassemble M2's, SBE's, SBE2's, SBE3's many times in the past. All have gone together very easily. Both of our guns take what seems like an excessive amount of force to tighten the fore end cap onto the magazine tube tight enough to snug the barrel and top of the action into place.  I weigh 210lbs and I have to put the butt of the gun on the ground and lean into the barrel while tightening t he fore end cap to snug it all together.   Has anyone else had this experience? I'm wondering if the spring in the fore end has more tension from the BE.S.T. coating process.  It just seems a little off from my past benelli experience but maybe it will loosen up with some usage.  Please advise.

Most 20 gauge Benelli's and Franchi's polymer handgaurd guns are very tight when new, BE.S.T coatings even more so.  I would asemble the gun and let it sit a few weeks.  This will allow the handgaurd to "Set In" to a postion, when assembly will become much easier.

The fitting on the forend is very tight in most 20 gauge Benelli's and Franchi's.  Insure you pressing the forend firmly against the barrel magazine ring, this will give you the needed space to seat the forend onto the barrel, thus making installation easier.  Remembering this parts will seat much better over time and after a few installations.