Is the safety reversible on a Nova?

oltcaller

Yes.

Usually, Benelli will do this for you for free, but it can also be done by someone with a decent bit of experience and mechanical aptitude.

The trick with the Nova is that the detent and spring are underneath the crossbolt safety and therefore not as easily reversed as some others.

I posted a picture a few weeks ago whowing the parts and briefly describing the process.

http://www.benelliusa.com/forums/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/1478.html#000000

I'd agree with sending this in. I'm a farily savvy novice (I've built 3 guns from the ground up and I ahve never had to take a gun to a smith for repairs) and when I opened up my nova to look at this, it looked like ap retty tricky operation. I *might* try it myself sometime, but not until I'm alot more familliar with the innards of this gun.

I wish I could help you guys but You all live hundreds of miles away and I strongly recomend not trying to flip the safety on a nova pump on your own.

sometimes It looks easy and people don't want to bother trying to contact one of us; they end up with more than they can handle. it's usually a simple operation but I recomend that you sit this one out.