floating a 4th round??

billiam13

First fill the rear "U" grove on the top rear of the carrier with a hard epoxy. After it hardens, reasemble and insert a shell into the chamber/breach and while the bolt is held to the rear slide another shell on to the top of the carrier and forward. Gently release the bolt so that it slides over this shell and forward, let it continue over the shell and into battery. When fired, the shell on the carrier will be picked up and loaded next. The following shells will then come from the magazine when fired. My SBE (older) version does not have the rear cut, only newer models. It will take the 3 1/2" on the carrier. My newer 20 ga, Montefeltro, when the grove is filled will not take a 3" shell on the carrier, but will take a 2 3/4". Best, Robert

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by benddg:

Robert II;

Can you post a picture of the older bolts? I probably won't do the epoxy thing but I'd like to know what you're talking about.

Only the "newer" bolts have the 2nd grove, same as the forward one. I do not have picture avalable. Best, Robert ;)

[ 01-31-2005, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Robert II ]