removing plug from sbe

rowdy50

Thats the only way to do it . If you dont like taking

the cap off leave the plug out and put the cap back

in and just drop the plug in the hole. Every thing will still work great. Also while you have the cap

off it never does hurt to pull the magazine spring

and follower out for a quick clean it's unbeliveable

how much dirt is in there when you only put (clean)

shells in there

Good Luck

Positioning the plug on top of the retaining ring may put you into a grey area with regard to federal regulations for migratory fowl.

"Shotguns not larger than 10 gauge, fired from the shoulder, and incapable of holding more than 3 shells (shotguns capable of holding more than 3 shells must be plugged with a one-piece filler which is incapable of removal without disassembling the gun , so the gun's total capacity does not exceed 3 shells).

I know that one could argue that removing the forearm cap could be considered as disassembling the gun.

Sounds like a valid argument on the Internet.

I don't know how it would hold up in Federal court, and I wouldn't care to find out.

I asked a game warden about that. He asked if my gun could be fired in the configuration required to remove the plug. I told him it would fly apart and probably kill me. He said that would be considered disassembled. But again, that was at a hunting expo and not in court.