11707 m4 bolt frozen

mtb4me

Hello all I have a question/problem regarding with my new 11707 I picked this up yesterday for my Christmas/B-day present for my self. The problem I am running into is upon assembly my bolt has become frozen in the open position. I installed the bolt in to the barrel as per the instructions and then joined the upper half and the lower half together. I had to back the barrel out about a quarter of an inch to get the hand guards seated correctly. In doing so and upon further inspection it seems that the face of the bolt has rotated thus not allowing the barrel to be seated correctly. I removed the barrel and then tried to remove the bolt carrier group no go it 100% frozen will not budge it stuck in the open position. I have taken out the trigger group thinking it was hung up on some thing still a no go. I guess my question is did I do something wrong? I followed the assembly instructions as per the manually I am assuming that I did do something wrong as this shouldn’t happen out of the box right? My next question is where to g o back to the gun shop or directly to Benelli?

greetings,,,my trigger group didn't go in properly once,,a thick shaving from a previous project had gotten in the way,,time to clean the shop,,if your bolt is still stuck,,and your not sure about yourself,,,better go elsehwere for the job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,keep us posted ,,okay,,thanks M1014 :cool:

Ok took the m4 to the gun shop armor said the bolt was binding up against the inside of the chamber I don’t know what he did to free it up but its working now. I assembled and broke down the m4 about 8-9 times last night no hitches so all is good going to the range tomorrow to have some fun.

I've seen this happen a few times and I can tell you how it happened. At some point when you slid the barrel in, you pushed on the face of the locking head with the barrel extension (you probably had the bolt locked back when you put it on). This rotates the head of the bolt in an unnatural position and jams the oblong part of the locking head into the top of the receiver. Not a difficult fix. It's usually a rookie mistake and with practice you'll get better at it. If it ever happens again you just take everything out, turn the gun bottom up and use a brass or wood dowel placed on the backside of the exposed locking head (not the bolt body) and give it a few whacks with a hammer to help drive it back forward.