Nova Range report

Alberta Newfie

Took the nova out for a quick spin.. Basically all I wanted to do was to test the functioning and do some preliminary pattering at 35 yds. I used the Kent Fasteel Hi-vel and Federal heavy loads. Both are 3" and #2 shot, but the Federal is 1.25oz compared to 1.125oz for Kent. Everything worked fine! The recoil I have read so much about was not that bad, even chucking 3 of those Federals as fast as possible. Although this probably does not compare to the 3.5" shells. See below for targets.

Kent: 90 in the circle

15 out

105 total

Federal: 108 in the circle

16 out

124 total.

389910.jpg

389909.jpg

Althoug the percentages are the same, the Federal definitely seems to have a more comprehensive coverage.

The Federal does seem a bit denser, but also appears to be patterning a bit high. Is that consistent? The Kent looks like it is patterning much more consistently across the target. I've been shooting both (mostly Kent) and haven't found a lot of difference in their field performance.