Nova incorrectly assembled?

LP

Hello, I am having a problem with my new Nova and thought this would be a great place to ask for help.

I bought a new Nova just the other day as a replacement

for my old over and under, but haven't fired it yet. This evening I attempted to disassemble and reassemble it.

Upon reassembly I find that the shotgun does not seem to function properly.... :( when the trigger is pulled, the bolt is released and will fall backwards a little bit if the barrel is elevated.

I didn't dry-snap it a whole lot before the incident, but

I do believe a distinct pull on the forend was required in order to retract the bolt from battery.

I also think that the rotating bolt head rotated more at the end of the forward cocking stroke, requiring more force to be applied on the forend.

It seems I am left with a bolt head (or "locking head") which will not lock positively into the barrel/chamber. This is unsatisfactory.... What did I do wrong? :confused: any tips would be greatly appreciated, dove season is here!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: