Is the SBE II worth the money?

sfd112

Originally posted by mudhen:

Hey Snipe1, your name fits your style!

I too like the Xtrema II, it seems like Beretta fixed the many, many, problems with the Xtrema I. I love the Tenkys too and will own one shortly.

You want to talk about barrel bending? How about the 1000's of bad Xtrema I barrels?????

Benelli kills Beretta in guns sales, just kills. That comes from every Beretta and Benelli rep I have spoken with in the past several years. Beretta Holdings already controlled much of Benelli prior to the complete acquisition, so the total acquisition was business as usual.

The SBE II has a full drop and cast kit that should eliminate any POI issues.

Originally posted by mudhen:

Hey Snipe1, your name fits your style!

I too like the Xtrema II, it seems like Beretta fixed the many, many, problems with the Xtrema I. I love the Tenkys too and will own one shortly.

Benelli kills Beretta in guns sales, just kills. That comes from every Beretta and Benelli rep I have spoken with in the past several years. Beretta Holdings already controlled much of Benelli prior to the complete acquisition, so the total acquisition was business as usual.

I recommend the Xtrema 2...

Gun sales, what is a better seller Cadillic, Chevy, or GMC? They are all owned by GM. Either way Beretta owns them all! For the $ I recommend the beretta.

Benelli dosent beat Beretta in gun sale when you compair the full line up of shot guns. Which includes O/U and Side/Side. Just another dumb trigger puller not hunter (weekend worrior) and not shooter. Who dosent know quality. :rolleyes:

How many of you have actually shot the Xtrema II with the KO system? I have. It was pretty smooth and the recoil was slightly less then my SBE II when shooting 1550 fps 3-1/2 inch shells. The only problem was it jamed up on about every other 3-1/2 inch shell. It was my buddies gun. He is took it back and exchanged it for another one. Guess what? Same problem with the new one. He spent about $100 in 3-1/2 inch shells just trying to break it in.

This friday he is exchanging it for a SBE II. The Xtrema II has potential, but berreta needs better quality control on thier first batches. I am sold on the inertia guns though.

If you go to shotgunworld and do a search, you can see pictures of the jams on both of his Xtrema IIs.

i hunted for over 15 years with an o/u winchester,2 3/4.That gun fit like a glove.When steel shot came arouned I decided to put the winchester away and i picked up the Beretta silver pigeon.figuring since I was used to over-unders it should be quite easy to make the switch.I gave that gun 2 yeras of hunting,and that gun gave me 2 years of misery.I then gave up and decided to go with the sbe 1.My friend do yourself a favor and defenitly get yourself a Benelli.It will be the best hunting shotgun you will ever put your hand on.good luck.Oh by the way,anyone interested in buying a beretta HA HA!!!