Are 121 M1 and M1 Stocks compatible ?

Anson Deeley

I've seen a similar thread here before, but didn't get quite to the answer. I have a very tidy (ex SAS) 121 M1. I would like to fit a M1 synthetic pistol grip stock and fore end. Is this a straightforward job or is there any modification required ? If so does anyone have any tips ?

the stock is for the gun,,,its an aftermarket e-bay find,,the forend is from an M1 super 90,,it takes a little shaving in the rear,,i used my wooden forend as a template,,you might have to fool with the friction ring or spacer rings,,definitly worth the time an effort ;) 340073.jpg 340072.jpg 340070.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

use the wooden forend as a template to mate up the new plastic forend ,,your gonna have to break out the dremel in other words :eek: plus the friction rings are a process of elimination,,which combo works best after your done dremelling,, a touch frustrating ,,,but the final product is worth it as seen on the pics above,,plus I put a piece of 3m non slip tape on the smooth underneath part of the forend to achieve max possitive grip ;)

[ 05-14-2006, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

• 2 weeks later...

The fore end went straight on with no modification whatsoever. The oistol grip stock was another matter. The moulded in ferrule that the recoil spring housing tube attaches to was too forward in the stock. My good friend "El Reado" machined it out then made a new base plate that fitted inside the stock and pulled tight up into the stock. We used some 10mm Foamex ultra re-enforced with some 5mm steel.

• 2 weeks later...