How do you measure for the correct drop?

CARPY

I am the proud owner of a new SBE II and am curious if the drop needs to be changed to fit me better. I have always just bought a gun an shot it... With that said I want this gun to fit and function to the best it can and leave the rest to me to get better. Thanks in advance.

A quick way to check this is to point the UNLOADED gun at a friend's nose ! :eek: If he stands several yards away he should see if you are aiming high or low as you mount and dismount the gun to your shoulder. If you are aiming high drop the stock - but not by too much.

Be very careful using this technique for obvious reasons. Apart from making sure the gun is empty, I always pull back the bolt and flick the safety catch on.

photopro

I am the proud owner of a new SBE II and am curious if the drop needs to be changed to fit me better. I have always just bought a gun an shot it... With that said I want this gun to fit and function to the best it can and leave the rest to me to get better. Thanks in advance.

Have you shot it yet, and when ya do ya might wanta carry a 13mmsocket, shim kit and a 3/8 drive ratchet with a 6" extension, ya need to pattern it on a pattern board to establish your POA. Once you have done this it should be telling you which way it needs adjusted, so use owners manual and follow the instructions carefully. I made mistake of not changing lame front sight which i could not see to start with and i need to go back and pattern it again. just get a 36" square of card board and set it out at 40 yds and draw a small circle in the middle that is visible from 40 yds and get your POA and see where it is hitting and adjust it to your POA! Google shotgun patterning or gun fit and read a few articles and you will be hitting stuff and feel good about it in no time! Make sure to break it in IAW owners manual!! these guns have been known for not liking certain types of ammo so if it will not cycle it do not use it!!