New Super 90 Shooter with a couple of questions

frag316

Hey, all,

Just picked up a Super 90 M1 (S/N 3012XX). Have no idea when it was made or anything. No box, just the shotgun and a Full choke tube. (Price was right, $499, paid $267 cash after trading my 11/12-year old Remington 1100.)

It was filthy, so I took it down (downloaded the manual from the website) and cleaned it thoroughly. Put it back together, seems to work OK (haven't shot it yet . . . ).

Two questions:

1) I've got this blued metal disk about 5/8" in diameter with a 1/8" hole in the center. Don't remember where it came from, currently residing beneath my magazine tube cap. Can anyone tell me where it's supposed to go?

2) I'm looking at putting a mag extension tube on this bad boy (I'm looking to shoot IPSC with it), but when I unscrew the cap and look at the end of the magazine tube, the piece of metal there doesn't look like it's supposed to come out. Can anyone tell me whether/how I can remove it to put a mag extension on?

Thanks in advance!

Frag

what a positive leap foward,,getting away from a remijamatic to the awesome Benelli,, lets see some pics of the Benelli you got,,,,pics would help you and I and all concerned,,the piece of metal may just be a mag limiter that just slides out and the little disk is a kind of part to it,,,peace to ya man

Chances are that the blued piece you're talking about is the magazine limiter stop. They are known to break off (free) of the aluminum mag limiter tube. I fixed mine years ago by VERY CAREFULLY putting the solid aluminum tube piece back on the mag limiter stop washer and striking it and kind of 'annealing' it back together. Never had another problem; just be careful you don't bend the aluminum tube limiter.

... 11 shot capacity,...

Must be one of the new ones, mine was 12 shot capacity. The newer guns lost the ability to cary one shell on top of the bolt carrier.

fceedd0b.jpg

1) I've got this blued metal disk about 5/8" in diameter with a 1/8" hole in the center. Don't remember where it came from, currently residing beneath my magazine tube cap. Can anyone tell me where it's supposed to go?

It sounds like the little flanged cap that goes on the end of mag tube extensions. In the pic below you see one installed in a +4 ext tube. All the Benelli Factory mag tube extensions come with them. Keeps the spring in.

fceedb00.jpg

To answer your 2nd question, that metal piece comes out. Squeeze it with pliers (beware FLYING PARTS) while making sure to SLOWLY let it out. Spring will be pushing hard behind it.

The below mag ext is from http://www.davesmetalworks.com/ excellent quality, fit and finish.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/pbd426d9a525bd20e140c9ac205cd68c8/fceedcff.jpg

Below my 3-gun setup, M1 Practical, AR10-T Carbine/Leupold and Para P16-40

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/pcc0a235036f0c6facefbe1d25d5e671a/fceedcb6.jpg

just lovem,,there the funnest to shoot,,sorry to see you sold your Practical,,mines going in the casket with me,,as for the amount of shells,,remington shells are quite a bit shorter than the wolf in 2-3/4 size,,,that means +1 for remington,,funny you sold your Practical and Tactical and kept the rest???,,,the DMW tube is nice,,got one on my Practical too,,just no pics,,the pic you show leaves no room for the spring,,,mine also loads one on the lifter,,its a cool trick .

...snip...funny you sold your Practical and Tactical and kept the rest???...snip...

The Practical I really liked, did well with it. I remember one match, 12 poppers at 15 yards. I ran it in 2.03 and was leading til the last guy in the group shot a 1.97 using his practical.

Guess I got tired of shooting steel and paper, matches were too far between. Clays are a lot more fun and I can get out more with my son. Plus I never liked the sights on them. I used an Eotech.

eotech.jpg

Still got the M1 and extensions so if I get the urge my shorty Grouse gun becomes....

100_2914.jpg